Draw a rectangle in Glowforge

Is there any way to draw a rectangle using Glowforge software. I can import a rectangle from Ai or other software, but it would be easier to do it in Glowforge.

Wfouty

1 Like

If you don’t have the premium subscription, there is not a way to draw a rectangle in the interface. Many of us have a shapes template file just for this reason.

2 Likes

If you do have Premium, then you draw a square - and then in the lower left hand corner click the link between the height and width markers to “break” it, and then you can stretch into a rectangle.

2 Likes

Great. Thanks so much. I have a library of shapes, but this far easier.

2 Likes

Hi @mechanicalsolutions2. I saw you had created this thread to get some help with creating shapes in the Workspace of the Glowforge app. @dklgood was correct with the shape creation being a part of the Glowforge Premium tools. I also saw that @deirdrebeth had some great steps to help with that process to create a rectangle. Can you let me know if you’re running into any trouble, or other questions? I’ll be happy to help.

They solved my issue. It seems so simple now.

1 Like

Hi @mechanicalsolutions2. I’m glad that you got your question resolved! I’m going to close this thread - if you have any other questions, go ahead and post a new topic.