Dry erase game board

I just recently decided to see what the latest ‘craze’ was all about with the game Wordle and have really been enjoying the challenge. I made up my own personal way of playing it each time. And, since the format is also always the same, I decided to just engrave ‘my way’ of doing it on a dry erase board so I could use it over and over…

IMG_5858

It’s on there crooked and some other mistakes, but it’s just for myself anyway. I put Hangman on the back, just for fun. Makes me think of making some game boards to take on road trips. They’re about 4" x 6".

63 Likes

Games! Fun!!!

7 Likes

Hint… the word today had 5 letters and every letter is on your board at least once.

8 Likes

Wow…great tip! That’s really helpful. Not! :wink: :laughing:

4 Likes

What a great idea! Maybe it would help me remember to do it daily.

4 Likes

Great idea! I really like the addition of Hangman to the back. :grinning:

3 Likes

Great idea!

3 Likes

I still haven’t played Wordle, but I have a friend who does everyday (plus ya’ll on here who do too!). I think the double-sided board is excellent. How about turning the Hangman game sideways and making room for a little tic-tac-toe on there too? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wonderful idea, it looks great! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also thought of tic tac toe. I’m trying to think if there are any more similar type (very simple) games that I could put on separate boards…so I could put tic tac toe on one side and then another game on the opposite side. I think it’s going to be an issue keeping from smearing them as it is…so I sort of like the larger size…especially when they get passed from one person to another. Know of any other old-timey games like these? I think it’d be fun to make a small set of them.

3 Likes

There’s the game of a grid of dots where you take turns trying to make squares one line at a time. The person who completes the square puts their initial in it. I think it’s called Dots & Boxes. You could also have a game of “Connect Four” where you use different color pens to mark them or use one pen and make Xs and Os.

7 Likes

That’s a[n in]genius idea!

3 Likes

Thanks, Ellen…I realized after I posted that …that I could look all those up myself. I found a few more that will lend themselves to this. I’ll post my updated results when I get them all finished.

4 Likes

This is a super awesome idea! Did you cut the board yourself?

2 Likes

Thank you…yes, I did.

1 Like

Oh wow! that’s amazing!

1 Like

These are so useful. They’d probably sell well at craft fairs.

4 Likes

They probably would…but, I don’t do craft fairs so it can be an example for someone else who does. I was trying to figure out a way to submit as a catalog item, but since white board isn’t Proofgrade, there’s no way to do that.

3 Likes

Love it! Another variation: make a standard grid and copy the Sudoku of the day from the local paper onto it. Personally, I dislike doing them directly on the newspaper, it’s so flimsy.

5 Likes

OMG, we loved that game as kids. we just called it DOTS and we played it on graph paper.

that reminds me of another game we played. but I don’t know how to describe it. so I i will make a “game board” of it this weekend and post a video.

6 Likes