Earring Studs - #2

Not really much to say. Just liking where this is going and wanted to share with you guys.

34 Likes

looks great :slight_smile: love the contrast from the wood pattern to the stone and the black edges make them pop as well. great work as always.

1 Like

There beautiful :blush:

2 Likes

Hmm are those cork?

1 Like

nope, walnut hardwood. it’s on a cork coaster though.

1 Like

Painted edges? My walnut doesn’t char up like that.

I wish mine didn’t char up so much. that was even after cleaning it up.

1 Like

Those are lovely!

1 Like

Are you overpowering the cut? Hot and fast is generally less char… maybe multiple fast passes?

How thick is that?

1 Like

If these are for your special someone, I predict she will love them because they are very pretty and anyone would love to wear them.

2 Likes

annnnd…because he made them for her.

4 Likes

I still have some medium proof-grade, so in theory it should already be optimal cut.

I wish! Just my luck she’s the only girl I know who doesn’t have pierced ears. Earrings have always been the easiest (and the cheapest) things to make for gifts. But I try to be positive, just looking at it as a challenge to be extra creative.

4 Likes

They’re very pretty. I thought they were cork, too, at first. Trick of the lighting.

1 Like

Proofgrade tends to be overpowered. They want it work consistently and so they give it extra oomph.

I’d try a proper material test to get the fastest reliable full power cut that will work. You may get a lighter edge.

If that fails a light sanding would do the trick too.

4 Likes

Nice! Amazing how many options we have.

3 Likes