Easy and Beautiful Picture Frames | Make Something

Got another friend who eventually lost an eye due to an early childhood accident (detached retina) …his gig is to have dinner with people who don’t know that one of his eyes is artificial and sit there and absent-mindedly tap his eye with a fork while they are arguing some point…:laughing:

And I know I shouldn’t laugh at that, but he’s caused some big, bad-ass dudes to vacate the table …promptly.

12 Likes

I’m not much of a Steve Martin movie fan, but that reminds me of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, which I find hilarious, when they put a cork on the end of his fork so he wouldn’t stab himself in the eye.

I see no shame in laughing at that.

8 Likes

Ruprecht!

4 Likes

Not Mother???

2 Likes

My brother has a saying not sure where he got it from “you are softer then everything in the shop”

11 Likes

That’s my trick. Pens, when not at meals. Or the ear-piece of my glasses.
My eye socket is still well-shaped and the prosthesis tracks nearly with my functioning eye, so few people suspect on meeting me.
Best reaction was a grown woman crawling out of the room on all fours.

13 Likes

Chuckle! Good grief, you made her crawl away? :wink:

2 Likes

Tap tap.

6 Likes

We actually had a scare yesterday - hubs nearly lost one to a popping bungee cord. Half an inch.
(He’s going to go around next week telling people I belted him one this weekend.)

He looks like he’s wearing eye shadow and liner a la King Tut.

8 Likes

Yow. Careful. I know you got shipped with a spare; but people tend to want to keep both eyes… for some unfathomable reason.
Glad it is a shiner and not a lifestyle change.

7 Likes

Actually I remember an accident at work involving a band saw. A colleague who was an industrial designer tried to cut his ingrowing toenail on a big band saw in the workshop. As you can imagine it didn’t end well and he ended up being taken to hospital in an ambulance. Any tool can be dangerous if you try hard enough.

6 Likes

Ooooh I like that. I’m stealing it

1 Like

Bungee cords are remarkably dangerous, especially as they age. I have become a big supporter of ratchet straps as an alternative in almost every situation.

7 Likes

I can feel you. Though they are very handy, I’ll never forget watching my dad nearly get his thumb cut off when a blade bowed. I was 12, had to drive him to the hospital because he was diabetic and was worried he would go into shock from losing blood, which he did right after we got to the hospital.

3 Likes

One of our shop bandsaws is the brand name Kleen Kut, its from a butcher shop, we use it for wood but it is designed for cutting thru meat and bone :confounded:

1 Like

Yeah…not necessarily something I’d call “Easy”…but I will agree with them being B-E-A-utiful!!

1 Like