Edible fall leaves and cake holding structure

Hi Everyone, After days going through topics on papercut, i finally found some time to start a project for my almost 10 year old daughter. She asked me for a fox sculpted cake surrounded by edible fall leaves for her birthday… So here are some wip shots, so far all is going smoothly well.

Wiring my wafer paper leaves cutted on my unit

After wiring them all, time to airbrush !

This part was never ending - veining leaves with edible colours

After all this process, it’s time to give them shape and assembling. Here you have an overview at different stages (from scratch to almost shaped).

Assembled - Almost finished still need to cover the wires with chocolate

Live time lapse result:

/uploads/db6859/original/3X/a/8/a83e589c1d288a491bbd33d06465df6487094451.MOV

Working on the structure. Yesterday, spend the day with Glowforge unit testing on paper different sizes of the head and body before cutting the wood.

Putting it all toghether

Almost there… time to stop for today!

Cutting my rice krispies

Ganaching with dark belgian chocolate

After 3 full days of work here is the Glowfox Cake!

57 Likes

Absolutely wonderful. Kudos! She’s a lucky girl.

I’ve spent many an hour hunched over cake decorations for the kiddos. Time well spent.

5 Likes

Indeed, the longest for me was 10 hours -_-

3 Likes

Beautiful work. She will long remember your gift.

2 Likes

They are amazing, such patience on your part to achieve gorgeous realism. Me, I’d make my kids eat real leaves.

8 Likes

Wow! Amazing. Truly a labor of love for the love of your labor. :heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

As an artist myself… Those are fantastic. Really really good.

3 Likes

It’s hard to believe these aren’t real! Congratulations on achieving perfection—I’d heard it was impossible. :wink:

7 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous! I hope we can see the final picture on the fox cake as well! :grinning:

7 Likes

Incredible! Such dedication! :birthday:

2 Likes

Wow, those are beautiful! I second the request for a finished photo!

5 Likes

Beautiful work!

3 Likes

Can’t praise these enough! I guess there is edible paper available, who knew? You’ve got some mad airbrushing skills!

4 Likes

Beautiful! Love fall colors, and these are stunning!

3 Likes

Those colors, wow! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Please post pictures of the finished cake.

4 Likes

:exploding_head: Gorgeous!! Almost a shame to eat them & destroy such amazing work… and there can’t be any way they taste as good as they look, even if they do taste good! :smiley: Lucky daughter!

2 Likes

absolutely amazing. Haha makes me jealous

2 Likes

These are great! How did you keep them from blowing around in the laser? I know of the Seklema mat and other methods for paper, but wafer paper is SO delicate, I can’t imagine unsticking it from something without it tearing. Awesome paint job by the way!

4 Likes

Thank you but it doesn’t at all… i would say Its just an optical illusion.

1 Like