Elegant Reindeers 4.5" *Free Design*

Sweeeet! :sunglasses:

squeeeee :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great job!

Love what you’ve done with the textures.

1 Like

When my brother came for Thanksgiving, I showed him these reindeer and we made a pair for him to take back home to his landlady. Today, he sent me this drawing made by 5 1/2 year old Bennett, a friend of his landlady’s…who apparently was fascinated by them and wanted to take them apart. I hope Bev (landlady) let him do that and that she showed him how to put them together again. What fun! Your work carries on @willcfc!

17 Likes

Made one on draftboard. A friend asked me to make one on African Mahogany. I will have to share pics when done.

2 Likes

That’s so awesome! MERRY CHRISTMAS @Xabbess!!

2 Likes

Thank you so much…and wishing the same to you!

1 Like

just ran a last minute set for my nephews tomorrow to put together… currently 40 minutes to christmas!

4 Likes

A couple of these deer have been sitting next to my Glowforge for 8 months. It’s a desk toy. The kids fiddle and fidget. My husband recently had a dozen 6-7 year old boys to entertain at a week long scout family camp. Your deer were the springboard for his dragons:

Thanks. This was a fantastic share.

16 Likes

I like those, they look like Toothless! :smile:

Their group were dragon riders…
Very toothless.
We made or adapted a couple dozen different Berk-themed crafts and games.
Between his group and mine, the Glowforge was running if we were home for three weeks before the event.

4 Likes

Still a hit. Here they are in fluorescent blue acrylic.

19 Likes

Ooooo, really like this version.

1 Like

I had to open the slots up quite a bit (several whole tenths of a mm!) for my scrap BB. Now it’s a bit on the loose side, but people like them.

Does anyone know how to do a cut-and-paste of path parts in inkscape so you don’t have to adjust the nodes individually? (I did the individual adjustment, but with a correctly-ish dimensioned box that I could bring around the design and use for a reference.)

I make individual adjustments in Illustrator as well - create a rectangular box the correct size, overlay and punch. Not the easiest thing in the world if there are a lot of slots. (It’s one place where the parametric modeling ability in Fusion 360 really shines.)

Thanks for the file, I am going to make these as place settings for Christmas Dinner :slight_smile:

YOU GUYS ARE FREAKING AWESOME-I LOVE THESE. I have Illustrator and have NO idea how to use it. I have inkscape SAME thing…TOTALLY INEPT. I am pretty creative in Photoshop. I cant seem to wrap my head around using illustrator to bring my thoughts to life like y’all have… I am in complete awe (and confusion when i read the explanations…lol)

Just wanted to say i adore them. I, too , like to use colours to delineate on what i want scored, cut and engraved but unless i am actually creating it IN inkscape and not importing a PNG already coloured…it doesnt work…and i end up with something glowforge sees as one single path rather than a few objects in the design

1 Like

(And i would LOVE to make a dragon design and figure out have to add customized lettering and engravings in either illustrator or inkscape)

If you have an example of such a file that is giving you trouble that you’re comfortable sharing, someone may be able to shed some light on it. For that matter, I could use a subject for another video tutorial, it’s been too long since I’ve posted anything.

2 Likes