Emoji for Dan Contest

Apparently you were too late. :hedgie::love::glowforge::squeee:

11 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
:hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!

Iā€™m using this for my squeee icon from now on folks! :grinning:

13 Likes

Okay, what size do they have to beā€¦i canā€™t believe Iā€™ve fallen down this rabbit hole.
(It was the hedgie.)

10 Likes

Oh man, this is gonna be a rich thread.
Feed us the parameters @dan!

1 Like

Iā€™ve got one workingā€¦in between rants. (I just downloaded the hedgie and popped it into Photoshop for the size.)

2 Likes

Okay, I want to see what @printolaser comes up with, but hereā€™s my take on @dan

A foxā€¦clever, quick, agile - leaping a hurdle. (Or two. Or three. Or sixtyā€¦but sixty wouldnā€™t fit on the emoticon. Chuckle!)

I have never made an icon before, itā€™s a PNG, so somebody help me out if that one doesnā€™t work.

5 Likes

oh i was clearly a little more boring in my thoughts

but seriously folks

13 Likes

I believe itā€™s 100 px * 100 px PNG, but itā€™s usually rendered at 20 x 20.

3 Likes

Any particular depth? Or can we have 24bit emojis? 32bit even?

Dapper @dan

13 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what Discourseā€™s rules are on such things.

Oh yeah, I like the top hat and shades! :smile:

2 Likes

danEmoj.ai (348.2 KB)

17 Likes

Dadgummit Jesse! You shouldnā€™t be allowed to playā€¦ youā€™re too blinking good at it! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

About as good as I could imagine. I knew I wouldnā€™t have time to come up with anything. Working tonight.

My only question now isā€¦ What emotion does the Dan represent?

3 Likes

I recently watched Oā€™ Brother, Where Art Thou?, the Dapper Dan is a reference to the hair treatment George Clooneyā€™s character is all over. :slight_smile: ALthough, this kinda looks like a Val Kilmer Doc Holiday, if Doc Holiday wore a top hat and shades. LOL.

3 Likes

You might be too young for this, but there was a character on the old Looney Tunes Bullwinkle & Rocky cartoon that dressed like that, with the top hat and handlebar mustacheā€¦used to keep tying sweet Nell onto the railroad tracks, and Dudley Dooright had to keep saving herā€¦

Simon Lagree? Canā€™t remember the nameā€¦

Anyway, laughed out loud when I saw it.

4 Likes

I wanna see @ian do one

2 Likes

Snidely Whiplash (I admit to having to google his last nameā€¦ it was really bugging me!)

5 Likes

Snidely Whiplash as I recall.

2 Likes