Endless business card

So I have been wanting to make one of these nfc types of business cards forever but I wanted it to look super cool. I made a metal prototype first and found out you need special anti metal tags for those so I landed on these wooden version ones for now while I’m waiting on the anti metal tags to come in the mail. I honestly prefer the wooden ones because you can engrave over the area they are in and sneak in an extra one. Anyways, all the details need to be shown to understand so here’s a video I made of them.

21 Likes

Brilliant!

Do you sell a file for these…one that includes wood thickness, adhesive method, and perhaps how to make the ncf tags work (for those of us who are very tech challenged)

1 Like

That’s really neat. Not something I need…hmmm, I bet you could code your home wifi/password into one and then people could tap instead of asking…hmmmmmm

4 Likes

As of right now I don’t because there is to much custom work that needs to be done to edit the letters in the filigree area to something else. But I could make a template that is blank or just includes the back so people could add there own engraving to the front.
I just used the wood veneer from Glowforge.

2 Likes

Yes you can do that and hundreds of other things.
Phone numbers
FaceTime calls
Lights in house
Websites
Shortcut task for phone automation
The list goes on.

2 Likes

I can figure it out now that I know you used the veneer. Is the 3M backing durable enough to hold it together with the NFC tag?

2 Likes

Yeah I can’t pull it apart and I have three tags in mine

2 Likes

That 3M tape is nigh on indestructible!

3 Likes

That’s a great idea and beautiful work on your cards!

2 Likes

Great idea Josh! Cool innovation adding new dimensions to a business card :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Very cool!

3 Likes

That is so cool.

2 Likes

Perfect timing. I was just looking into how to do something like this!

3 Likes

Fantastic idea.

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Can’t wait to see what you make.