Endless Knitting Loom - prototyping fun!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Had an idea months ago and spent many hours just staring at a blank wall running through all the different ways not to create a knitting machine. Lol

The concept is simple you pull the yarn through and up to the next hook. The sample shown took about 25 mins.

Made with 8 boards of mdf. 18” l x 5”d x 5”h. The entire arm is snap together so that you can change the distance of the disks to get tighter or looser stitches. This has 40 stitches as shown.

The hard part is going to be writing directions on how to put it together and then also writing directions and video of how you work it. Lol

That is my task today!!!

90 Likes

This is genius! I’d buy that! Great work!

6 Likes

Thank you! It’s kinda fun!

3 Likes

Oh gosh, that is epic!!!

4 Likes

That is amazing! I love it when we can make machines to make things easier or faster!!

6 Likes

Thank you! You should see the versions that never made it. Lol

7 Likes

Ok that’s cool.

6 Likes

Yeah that is why I love GF so much. I think it and then I make it! This has to be what having a replicator starts as. Lol

9 Likes

Thank you! Pretty simple concept that I was trying too hard to over complicate! Lol

4 Likes

This is EXACTLY why I love my :glowforge: too! I just wish I had more time to make things!

7 Likes

I hear that!!! Life is getting in the way of my “maker time” lol

6 Likes

Genius!

2 Likes

You are a flippin’ genius. I have a knitting machine but don’t have the manual dexterity to do anything but back-n-forth stockinette fabric for dyeing. With this, it looks like I could actually manipulate stitches to get lacy designs. Ohhhhh, and it would work with my handspun yarn too, I’ll bet.

Very nice work. Oh, and the knit machine is nice, too.

5 Likes

You are my crafting AND making hero.

7 Likes

Yeah it really is pretty fun. Tested an open work stitch and it goes so fast and I really like the look!

18 Likes

Aww thank you!

2 Likes

Haha. Thank you!

1 Like

I just went to your Etsy shop…I’m in trouble now!

6 Likes

Haha! Ummm… sorry? :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Yeah man, all your fault. :laughing: Just what I need on the first day of the year. Don’t mind me, I’ll be shopping…

3 Likes