Endless Knitting Loom - prototyping fun!

Oh! You make the most wondrous things! Christmas buildings that hold bottles of booze and now this?! Gasp, be still my heart.

I :heart: :heart: :heart: it!!

4 Likes

Oh that is really nifty!
I have one of the big knitting machines that will power itself, but this looks so cool because I can see the stitches on it, and they are held in place in case you goof up or drop one.
I Need This! :slight_smile: Thanks for showing us!

5 Likes

Marvelous! Looking forward to seeing that video.

5 Likes

Haha. I think it’s because of the booze! Lol

3 Likes

You never cease to astound me with your design powers! This is awesome. I haven’t been able to knit for about 20 years and I still miss it. This might let me do something again! :star_struck:

6 Likes

Thank you! It really is easy. The hardest part is casting on. I am still trying to come up with an easier way to do it. Lol

4 Likes

Inquiring minds want to know: how wide will this fantastical device knit?

1 Like

Not blocked, 12” it will be a little wider once blocked. I am working on making it longer. :slight_smile: this is 40 stitches.

7 Likes

You are probably waaaaaay ahead of me on this, but with a commercial knitting machine, one way is to start on the R and make backwards “e” loops. Work your way from R to L to the end, then start the regular knitting sequence.

Does that make sense? Would it work on this device?

2 Likes

Yes it does. But the issue is that you can move the needles out once the shuttle knit the first row and go until you can weight it. These disks are stationary so I have been experimenting with a chain cast on. I think I figured it out. It’s the hardest part about using this loom. I am trying to make it as simple as possible. :slight_smile: right now it’s a pain. Lol

4 Likes

Fantastic idea! I love it. I’d buy one too.

1 Like

I figured it out. The simplest way to cast on. The “woven cast on” took about 3 mins. Now time to finish instructions! Haha

12 Likes

Looks like a nice, finished edge, too.

1 Like

It’s just a provisional cast on. You can take it out and put a chain edge when you are done. Glad that’s over! Haha 2 days of playing with knots. Haha

6 Likes

Great idea. But do you mean crochet? That’s a crochet needle in the picture. I only say this because my wife and daughter crochet and yell at me when I call it knitting :crazy_face:

3 Likes

No…I mean knitting. Haha ! You are just using the crochet needle to move the yarn. This is basically an endless knitting loom.

4 Likes

Way cool! And guessing it only took 25 minutes to design cut and assemble? :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

It took months doing it the wrong way to design. But as for cutting about an hour. Assembly is about 20 mins. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just wish I had the imagination to design things.

1 Like

@designvh619 congratulations on you ingenuity and perseverance!
I have only a vague idea of what I am looking at, so could you please post a short video for those of us who are visual learners. Thanks.

2 Likes