Endless Knitting Loom - prototyping fun!

Wow! This is incredible! Great job!

3 Likes

Could one cast on a provisional cast on using knitting needles and then move the stitches to the “teeth” of your machine? Would a long-tail or cable cast on give a more stable starting edge?

1 Like

As a loom-only knitter, this is SO COOL!!!

3 Likes

Earl grey, hot.

This loom hurts my brain. I need to see it in action. It looks awesome!

9 Likes

Really neat, looking forward to seeing the end product as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes you could do that. I have been doing that. But I wanted to make it really simple so I made a provisional weave cast on. You can just chain the edge when you are done.

3 Likes

Is it posted yet? Interested parties want to know. I showed the photos to a friend of mine who is also a spinner. She’s interested in seeing it in action.

No pressure, mind you…

3 Likes

No, I kinda have to wait. Meeting with the lawyer this morning because I am not sure whether I can actually sell these while the application is in the works. :frowning:

4 Likes

Good luck in your meeting.

1 Like

If you mean patent lawyer, you can’t. Until it reaches a certain stage if you offer it for sale, then it invalidates your application.

2 Likes

That is correct. Talked with the lawyer today. All good, glad I checked with him. Fingers crossed that it doesn’t take forever to hear back! LOL

5 Likes

It’s not a fast process. Good luck!

2 Likes

I just had to be first regardless of how long. LOL

4 Likes

This is truly amazing! Great Job!! I love where you’re head’s at :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Even beyond that, exposing it in public generally makes it much more difficult as the clock for filing starts. This post would count as public exposure.

1 Like

Yup! that is why I did it. Already in the works! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good for you, man!

2 Likes

BRILLIANT! Beats hand knitting which I do and takes up a lot less space than my knitting machine. I LOVE your creative mind and creative process in general. Thanks for inspiring!

2 Likes

Thank you! Yeah, this actually started out as a knitting machine but I was making it too complicated. Had to simplify. The best part, it can be any length, you just add as many stitches as you want. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good for you.

1 Like