Engrave only allowed in the area starting at 6 inches and ending at 13.25 inches in the horizontal direction

My brother was attempting an engrave for some vector art work. He is only allowed to perform an engrave in the specified area. I have also tried loading the founder ruler and the same thing is happening. I can only engrave when I move the art work into the specified area ( middle of the bed ).

I understand there is a recent update that improves the performance of engrave, could there be something wrong with my machine and that update?

Thanks,

1 Like

Sounds like you’ve bumped up the engrave speed to 4000, that is the limit at that speed because it needs room to accelerate and decelerate the head at each end.

There is another setting to allow engraving into those margins, but you probably want to check your speed and power settings, because there aren’t many materials that can take advantage of the full speed.

7 Likes

Yup that was it, I changed the speed and I’m able to move the artwork to different parts of the bed.

Thanks

3 Likes

I’m sorry you ran into trouble with the engraving margins. I’m glad that the answer you received got you back up and printing. Thanks @eflyguy!

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again or have any questions, please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.