Engrave paper notebook

Can I engrave a small paper note book I got ? It just has a cardboard looking plain cover and i wanted to maybe personalize it some how . I that possible ?

3 Likes

Absolutely. Experiment with chipboard ( like the inside of a cereal box) to get an effect that pleases you. I’d start around 10-15% power and full speed.

9 Likes

Excellent Thank you very much

4 Likes

I don’t see why not…as long as it’s not too thick. You’ll probably need to test first though…to get a good engrave. And, you’ll need to use set focus and figure out the settings…since the cover is likely thinner than cardboard used in the dropdown settings.

3 Likes

You’re welcome!
For me, finding the right settings is like a treasure hunt! Enjoy your adventure. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Strange its almost transparent after the engrave ? I thought it would be dark when I engraved on a tan card stock ? I cant even see the design :frowning:

1 Like

Bump up the settings - specifically slow down the laser or increase power, until you get a result you are happy with.

I engrave on chipboard - similar to cardboard - all the time.

4 Likes

The laser tends to bleach the color of paper.

3 Likes

You probably need to tweak the settings more, then. Cardboard can be unpredictable in that way.

4 Likes

bummer it sure did

2 Likes

Here’s an example of an engrave on chipboard, which is very similar to the cardboard used for notebooks:

(Image is about 1" wide…)

4 Likes

You just have to play with the settings more.

And never turn your back on paper products, especially while you are experimenting. You need to be right there in case of a fire. I’d have a wet towel handy too.

8 Likes

Thank you for sending that ! Where is chip board sold?

1 Like

Everywhere. Amazon, Blick, Joann, Michaels, etc.

3 Likes

This can be useful.

Not so much in this case where you’re starting with tan solid core cardstock, but for future reference.

2 Likes

for testing, i use scrap. look in your recycling bin. the inside of a cereal box, for example.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.