Engraved Leather Travel Journal

Whenever I travel I always like to keep a travel journal of my trips. This was a bit of a test run to get my feet wet so I used a Tolkien quote. I like the idea of the cover being engraved with details, location and dates of the specific trip.
This wasn’t PG (obviously) but I did use the PG leather settings.

Hope to do a lot more with leather soon.

This journal was too thick to engrave with the tray in but thanks to a :glowforge: post by nathan_p Cutting Without the Crumb Tray - The NO MATH Edition that wasn’t a problem

40 Likes

Would love to see it—how about a photo?

1 Like

I’m bookmarking in hope that there will be a picture soon. This is one of the first things I want to try.

I was trying to make sure I gave credit for the tutorial that I actually forgot the photos! :woman_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

I was trying to make sure I gave credit for the tutorial that I actually forgot the photos! :woman_facepalming:t4:
Edited the original post to add pics. It turned out great planning a lot more leather projects.

Oh, very pretty! Like the cross stitching. :grinning:

1 Like

I always say it’s not that people can’t make art, it’s just that they forget the details. This is really cool!

2 Likes

Turned out great! Love the idea of engraving things about the trip into the actual journal cover.