Engraved Macarons

For my daughters 2nd Birthday we took an idea from another community post to engrave on a couple macarons that we put around her cake.

We scored the 2 then engraved her name, and after a couple trial settings landed on:
Score - 400 / 15%
Engrave - 800 / 20% / 275 LPI

The kids ate them, so I wouldn’t doubt they kept their flavor :wink:

35 Likes

I’ve always thought that macarons are too sweet to eat, but these lasered ones look so awesome I could probably make an exception!

Great job! :smile:

3 Likes

having given up all sugar and most starch/carbs to improve my health, this picture is disturbingly appealing to me… :smile:

8 Likes

Since this is non-proofgrade with settings, it should be in Beyond the Manual, so i’m re-classifying for you. Great Job, though, on the project! They look awesome.

6 Likes

Wow, they came out amazing! Good thing you took the photos before they disappeared.

3 Likes

Sweet!!!

4 Likes

An adorable addition to the cake!

Did the kids develop any special powers?

5 Likes

I don’t like macrons at all, but now I feel like I need to start engraving them. Totally doing this for my daughter’s next birthday! (She loves macarons).

Did you have your crumb tray installed during print?
also what thickness did you set it to?
I tried but mine look nothing like these amazing ones! :slight_smile:

1 Like

No crumb tray as the thickness was at .86 inches.

I removed the crumb tray and put a couple cork trivets I had laying around under it, bringing it to a thickness of 1.47. That minus the 1.35 thickness of the crumb tray got me to run it at .12 focus height.

2 Likes

Thank you this is very helpful!

what material did you imput in the settings?

Welcome to the forum.

For this you would have to select uncertified material, and as stated above this was done with the crumb tray removed.

On a side note, engraving food is not recommended unless the laser is only used for food.

1 Like

OMG they look so cute! Nice work! I need to try it ASAP

Thank you

3 Likes

I like the color that the engraving made. :yum:

2 Likes

I need some help. I just recently bought my GF, May 2020. I am trying to engrave macarons. I used the settings about and removed the crumb tray. They are not coming out. The images were not lining up so I made a jig. Still not lining up. I placed the macarons on a cutting board for a total height of 1 inch with out tray, but keep getting an error message about min/max height. Any help or suggestions appreciated!

The top of the honeycomb tray is about 1.35" from the bottom of the Glowforge. The top surface of your material must be at least 1.35" from the floor or it is out of range. I suggest you read through some of the threads about using the Glowforge without the honeycomb tray and print out the no math tool. Also, don’t eat engraved food from your Glowforge unless you only use it for food.

1 Like