Engraved steps

A good friend of mine was making some steps for his son and wanted to make them special. So he came up with a cool design to engrave on them.

He just dropped off the boards after he cut them to size and sanded them. A little painters tape and an hour and a half later visit in the forge and he had some super cool.

I think it came out fantastic. Check them out.

BWR_0231

95 Likes

I love it!

5 Likes

That’s awesome! :grinning: I gave brief consideration to engraving the risers on the stairs when I upgraded to Pro. (figured I’d change my mind somewhere down the line though, so nixed it.)

4 Likes

IKEA makes some small step stools. It would be so easy to just plop the steps into the :glowforge: before assembling…

11 Likes

Outstanding! Really nice and something every parent would likely hold onto long after the child has outgrown it.

5 Likes

i saw that earlier today because it was retweeted by adam savage (@donttrythis).

looks great!

6 Likes

It’s so cool!! Very inspiring :wink:

2 Likes

I love, love, love this. That is absolutely brilliant. Beautiful. Amazing job.

2 Likes

I wish I could :heart: this times a million! Amazing work!

1 Like

Awww, man, I wish I had the mental resources of a graphic artist like you do. Everything you make is really outstanding!

5 Likes

When I read the title of this I thought it was going to be a tutorial :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Looks great! I love how it all came out but especially the rocket exhaust detail. Great job.

1 Like

Totally awesome!!! Nicely done!!

That’s nicely understated.

Yes, really cool! And I love the theme and graphics!

I love it.

That’s terrific! What were your glowforge settings for engraving that deep?

Impressive!

I really had nothing to do with the design. I just gave him the guidelines for making sure it would work on the GF. He designed the graphics and the steps himself.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly I started with the Proofgrade red oak hardwood and just slowed it down a little bit to get a slightly deeper engrave.

1 Like