Engraving left and/or off scale

I am uploading a few images to help explain my issue. My glowforge has begun to engrave left of my placed image and on a few occasions scaled up for no apparent reason. I am keeping the material within proper specs of the laser. I turn it on and off daily so it re-calibrates frequently. These images are all from different days.

This looks like a material height issue. Are you using the set focus feature?

3 Likes

I have no idea what that means??? Thanks

Your material height is set wrong.

My recommendations:

1. Do this: Introducing Lid Camera Calibration
  2. Use the set focus feature to make sure your material height is correct before printing (Or the old way: Enter the material height manually at the upper left of the screen)
2 Likes

Follow the instructions of what @geek2nurse posted and you should be good. Ultimately the camera view is dependent upon the material height so if that is not entered, or entered incorrectly, the compensation that the camera makes is off and your material appears larger or smaller than it should.

Here’s a step by step guide to fixing your alignment: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/alignment

2 Likes

This has been very helpful, thank you everyone. I was not aware of either of these features.

2 Likes

It pays to hang out here occasionally to keep up with improvements.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answers, everyone! I’m going to close this thread - you have another question, go ahead and post a new topic or write us at support@glowforge.com