Engraving long pieces with the front door open

I am trying to figure out how to engrave something on a piece of cedar that is 3 3/8 inches wide but 27 inches long. I can’t figure out how to do it with the front door open on the glowforge. The piece is 1/2 inch thick which I have figuered out how to remove the crumb tray and replace it with other materials but I am stumped. Also what I am trying to engrave is about 14 kids names that graduated from kindergarten on a fence board for the school.

Officially, the only way to operate the Glowforge safely is with the front door and lid closed. Over in the section of Beyond the Manual, there may be some suggestions regarding what you are trying to do. This section of the forum is for reporting problems with the function of the Glowforge or interface. Welcome and good luck.

Welcome to the nuthouse - um, the forums! Lots of great info here

I’m going to move this post over to Beyond the Manual because staff will not answer questions about using the :glowforge: out of spec - but I know folks here have talked about this so fingers crossed one will see this and help you out!

5 Likes

Spot on. But as you note there are those who understanding that magnets are used in the door have been successful in running the GF with the door open :wink:

5 Likes
8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.