Engraving mirrors

That’s a fun story (one that’s been circulating for decades) but there’s no evidence of this actually happening.

2 Likes

It is something that is easy to get wrong there was an article that I have now forgotten the details that had a long story about dehydrated babies for which I tossed together this Image.

Dehbby

4 Likes

Interesting. There were four such descriptions of different incidents, and yes I first read them in what I considered a reasonable source, and like many good stories do continue to be passed along. The Gerber one was one of them. Of the two cases that are true, one can be seen to this day, that Exxon spent a huge amount of money researching a name that would not be some embarrassing reference in some odd language and the day it was launched comedians were calling it the sign of the doublecross, a thought that had apparently not occurred while looking up obscure references

And NBC was looking to revamp its logo and paid a large sum for a very minimalist design that was so simple a PBS Station had already come up with one extremely similar and they had to bring back the Peacock to make it different.

Snopes and baby food labels.

When you etched this mirror on the back… did you prep the back with masking paper or a wet paper towel or anything? Just curious as I’m about to try etching my first mirror.

nope, nothing

mirrors don’t freak it out, fwiw

3 Likes

Thank you for the response! :slight_smile:

what material did you set it as, or was it non-proof grade, and whats the lines per inch?