Engraving Poster Paper

I recently tried to engrave a Vector image on some colored poster paper. I was surprised at the results and thought I would share them with you. Settings were 500 / 18 pwr.

4F4A6201

The cat’s eyes look a little creepy, but otherwise they turned out pretty neat. I got the paper at Hobby Lobby.

60 Likes

Cool project! The results are amazing! and the puppy is sooo cute!

How long was the print?

5 Likes

Cool project!!
Would be curious how this would have looked inverted. Less creepy? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Oooh! I think I’ve got some of that! Going to have to experiment! (And agree with sunny that pup is adorable!) :grinning:

4 Likes

Nice! I will have to give that a try. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

There’s something oddly spooky about that second one in particular that I love. The negative space maybe? Anywho, it’s exciting to see more projects in paper!

4 Likes

I don’t remember how long the print took but believe it was around 25 minutes. I took the pictures with the prints on the floor so I could get far enough away to focus, but the dog kept looking up at me and throwing the focus of my camera off.

10 Likes

Now engrave your puppy’s face :grinning:

5 Likes

Creepy was the dog in the last pic - quick glance made it look like a 3-eyed cat :smile:

10 Likes

Wow! Result! Really nice effect. Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Nice!
Exploring materials has been great fun!

2 Likes

Took me 30 seconds to realize it’s a dog, no joke! I’m sitting here like “what IS that?” BAHAHAHAA!!

5 Likes

Is that your puppy or a picture…can’t tell…although it looks like its thinking why the heck are you making all those cat pictures when my cute face is right here!!!

5 Likes

I’ve done stuff like that on dark and you just invert the eyes…

3 Likes

It is a real dog. He gets into everything and thinks we are here just to play with him.

4 Likes

He’s right, isn’t he? My kitties know that too… :grinning:

3 Likes

Umm of course you are… It’s your only purpose for existing in HIS mind…lol I mean cone on…how can you resist…lol

3 Likes

That bleaching thing is really cool. Defocus the tiniest smidge?

1 Like

I kind of cheated on the focus. I told the glow forge that it was proof grade veneer. Its just the low power settings that lightened the paper. I tried blue poster paper and it did not mark it. I turned the power up and ended cutting through the paper.:laughing:

3 Likes

Pretty cool that it engraves ‘white’ like that. Here’s the inverted version if you lasered it on wood or any other material that darkens when engraved. 327d7b9f8ffb5c917e32681eeebbb37cb4b4f31d_1_690x4604ff8c8f457fa8cc232d4de2ff12dfdeb7c2fd287_1_690x460f76938c17462caeff8325c0b928289b3ac4835e5_1_690x460

13 Likes