Engraving Problem strange

Hello!

I am working on a custom order where there is a lot of engraving. and I have been now seeing this engraving issue come up not only with the birch plywood (1/8") I am using but also with the (1/8") acrylic I am using. It seems to engrave fine for some portions but does not fully engrave for the rest as you can see in the photos. The top engraving “Holidays From Fisher” are perfectly engraved, but the “happy” and “architects” is not fully engraved.

I have cleaned my machine several times and did a deep clean, but still gettinng the same results. Any thoughts?

You’ve opened a support ticket by posting here, so staff will be along soon to troubleshoot. They’ll most likely want you to cut the Gift of Good Measure on PG material using PG settings, and post front and back photos, so non-hardware issues can be ruled out. If you go ahead and get that done it will save some time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response and also for noting where I posted! I always get lost in the forums!

1 Like

I did the Gift of Good Measure Keychain test print and it did not even cut all the way through

Support will ask you to verify you’ve followed the official troubleshooting steps for this issue. If so, then the machine will likely need to be repaired.

I think I have figured it out for now. File problem.

I’m glad you resolved the issue with the engrave! Are you still experiencing trouble cutting through materials?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.