Engraving small wood slice ornaments on Aura

Can you engrave on the small wood slices you can get off amazon? they are super thin, so I know that wont be an issue, just not sure what to do or how to figure what settings I would use, if i can engrave on them.

1 Like

Welcome to the community.

Can you give more information, please? This is very vague. Perhaps post a link? If they are like a sheet of veneer, then I suggest you start with using one of the proofgrade setting for that, if the Aura has a setting for that. Otherwise, testing is the best way to find optimal settings.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

Have you worked through the Glowforge tutorials? If not, I urge you to take the time to do that. Once you are familiar with the interface, I believe this post will be helpful: Common problems/questions

8 Likes

I’ve engraved those on my GF Basic. Try using the engrave setting for maple and then adjust it based on whether you want a lighter/darker/shallower/deeper engrave. They don’t have the most even engrave due to the inconsistent nature of wood, but they’re pretty.

17 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.