Engraving very light halfway through project

This is the first time making this design, and halfway through it stopped engraving properly. Additionally the cut is not aligned correctly. I used proofgrade medium maple plywood with the proofgrade cut and proofgrade hd engrave. The run time was 2 hours 50 minutes. Please see photo and file used.

mickornament

The cut not aligning may be because there is debris on your track, or the head got bumped, but the failure of the engrave is more concerning.

First go through and clean - just make sure each of the 7 surfaces are clear, and (with it off) carefully roll the head through both axis and try and figure out where it might be catching.

Then run the Gift of Good Measure (in your dashboard) on the side where the engrave failed. If it works perfectly then try your design again - if it doesn’t, post pictures of the front and the back here and list the time you ran the test, and a staff member can review the logs and give more advice.

I can see that you’ve also reached out via chat and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.