Entertainment Center Detail

During a quarantine this fall my wife requested an entertainment center to replace the one we had in the living room. Fortunately, I had enough scrap to nearly make the entire cabinet already in the shop! Once I got it finished, we added the detail on the cabinet doors with a simple piece of underlayment plywood I designed and cut on the Glowforge.

I think it really took the piece up a few notches!

Here’s the finished cabinet before I took to the 'forge…

Then with the “raw” Glowforge flourishes.

Here it is after paint but before hardware (it took us a while to decide on hardware).

It appears we never took a “final” picture after we put the piece in place and installed the handles, but I found it in the background of a video clip - not the best quality but you can get the idea :wink:
Capture

69 Likes

Very nice. Personally I would have made them a tiny shade darker to stand out and compliment the darker handles. But that’s just my personal taste. Whatever works for you obviously. Excellent use of the forge to enhance an existing product. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You did a beautiful job!

4 Likes

Nice woodworking there! Great use of the laser to embellish the doors. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

The door treatment makes it look like high end furniture from a ritzy store. Great job!

5 Likes

Great idea!!! Love it!!!

4 Likes

A gorgeous piece before the adornment! Spectacular add with the Glowforge!

4 Likes

You are obviously very skilled at woodworking and cabinetry already, so the added ‘class’ by using the Glowforge really puts it over the top. Nice job!

4 Likes

That is a perfect mix of GF and woodworking! I want to find something to do this to now!

2 Likes

This is gorgeous! Such simple things can make a world of difference!!

That simple detail adds a lot of interest to your entertainment center.

Very Nice! Terrific job on that!

Nice work!

Very nice! Great idea to use the glowforge to add the final touches! Also nice work on the entertainment center!

I love it when projects include multiple tool domains (hand held AND computer controlled). Fantastic build!