Very nice! very clean joints!

3 Likes

Sweeeeet! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Brilliant!

4 Likes

Very cool!

4 Likes

A very cool idea! :heart_eyes: Now if only it had a sensor to detect mood when someone approached the desk,

6 Likes

So neat!!

3 Likes

Their name up in lights, what more could they want? Very fun, and we all need more fun in life.

2 Likes

Impressive. This may get me to join the epoxy band-wagon that is currently taking the woodworking community by storm.

What a clever use of light and the materials.

3 Likes

Very nice!!

1 Like

Cool epoxy fill! Who needs acrylic anyway? :laughing:

2 Likes

Nicely done

1 Like

Love it! REALLY great design!

I’ve been planning on doing exactly very similar to this! I was even using the same dang font! Only difference in my design is I’m not going with wedge desktop nameplate. Mine’s designed to be mounted on a wall.

I was just going to use acrylic! But the epoxy looks great! How’s that work? I mean, how do you get the epoxy to fill? I mean, I guess you had some backing that you removed. But how does the epoxy not stick to the backing?!

4 Likes

Thank you! And I’m glad you asked! All I used was painters tape as the backing, and since the epoxy bonds to the adhesive side of the tape it pulls right off. I also used a cheap disposable dropper to fill it to avoid epoxy overflowing. I taped the surface of the material before lasering (like a PG piece of material) and left the tape on for the pour and just pealed it off once the epoxy starts to set. Overall it was pretty simple.

5 Likes

I haven’t made it to any big pours yet but it is definitely fun to play with! Look up petri art with epoxy and alcohol inks it’s pretty insane and a really easy technique.

3 Likes

Really neat. Thanks for the info!

If you know anyone using a nebulizer (asthma, other breathing issue or doctors office) the medicine container is exactly the sort of thing you are talking about and if any are used a great number of empties are created. The plastic is resistant to anything, has a tiny tip, and the medicine very volatile so is quickly dry of residue.

b279120fe75f5a9b7e38ccd81cab711b6f5aa381_1_375x500

1 Like

How do you fill those? I’m pretty sure I have a bunch of most likely expired albuterol in the cabinet from when my daughter had pneumonia last year.

1 Like

Like any eyedropper just squeeze and let go. I was given tons of them and only slowly working my way through, Sealed away like that I would doubt they might ever go bad, and have not noticed a difference between new and two years old.

1 Like