Error box when using set focus

I believe this typically means your material was out of the focus range. Was it taller than 2" or lower then 1,4"?

1 Like

Draft board 1/8

Were you setting the focus close to an edge?

Yes

If you’re too close to the edge the scanning laser can’t see the bed. Rerun the job and look to see where the red dot laser hits - it’s left of center of the head. Move the set focus point over to where the red dot will hit the material and you’ll be good.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for the trouble. As others have already suggested, this error is appearing because the height of the material measured during Set Focus is outside of the unit’s focusing range. There is a more helpful error message associated with this, but I’ve let the team know that it might not be appearing as we expect after using Set Focus. Instead, you’re seeing an error that isn’t helpful. We’re looking into it now. In the meantime, could you please let me know if this helps (thanks, @jamesdhatch!):

3 Likes

Yes, resolved
Thanks for the tips

Thanks for letting me know. I’m glad to hear that! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!