Error message: camera

If your right LED strip is down then your machine is probably not going to be able to read the state of the right sides lid sensor and would therefor think your machines lid is open. The machine will not move if it thinks the lid is open. I would certainly try with that first.

Changing your carriage place should not effect the ability to take a camera picture. You might be getting the error for the camera image delayed. If you download your machines logs then you can see if that is currently an error for the machine.

2 Likes

How did it go?

They just got back with me. So far nothing helps.

1 Like

did you read your machine logs?

Not yet. I have not been home long enough to do so. I did receive my parts. Wanted to install, but don’t want to waste or put wrong parts on. Waiting for next steps.

I gotta look up how to read my log. Have not done it in awhile.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the help.

1 Like

How do I get to my logs?

1 Like

I did it once, but I forgot how to do it.

Update: I’m on the third person responding to me and each person asks me to reclarify what my problem is.

Really?? Just scroll. It’s not like it’s not in actual writing. I could understand if I “said it”, but I wrote it.
I have not gotten anywhere. I’m on day 8 of having my Glowforge down. Not happy. Not happy at all.

They did clarify that I did point out a typo. My mood now is at blank stare. That typo is the reason I ordered both LED strips. That typo cost me an extra $30.

My first response of the day from Glowforge was at 1:15 pm. I answered at 1:50. Hopefully I can get an answer before 5pm now that I’ve explained “in writing” the problem for the third person on this case.

That is frustrating. Were you able to see anything in your log file? I think the left LED strip controls the camera, so if replacing the right doesn’t do the trick, then maybe the left will help. I hope!

1 Like

I keep a note on my laptop from back when support posted how to access the logs:

GF Logs

• Reboot your Glowforge
  • Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color
  • Connect your computer to the Glowforge Wi-Fi network you see
  • Visit the following URL in your browser: http://192.168.192.1:3000/logs/glowforge/zip
  • A .zip file should download to your computer
  • Reconnect to your usual Wi-Fi network
2 Likes

Thanks.

I’m not home till tommorrow. So I’m gathering as much info before I do the replacement. I don’t see photos in the GF instructions for replacing the right LED strip. Does anyone have a video? The white connection in the corner looks hard to disconnect.

The left and right side connectors to the strip across the back are identical, you just don’t have the extra complexity of the cable to the camera on the right.

2 Likes

So do I need to replace both? I’m not getting help from support, just emails like this. Frustratingly unhelpful. They asked me to print the good measure print. If I could print, I wouldn’t be contacting them. I’ve explained what’s going on 4 times now. I don’t expect to actually get help before 5 from them. I was off today hoping to get it resolve, but they didn’t return my yesterday’s email until 1pm today and here we are. Still at nothing.

You have described two different issues. The LED strip on the right has nothing to do with the camera. That strip may be broken and need replacing, but it won’t address the camera issue. Neither does the carriage plate, not sure why you did that - did support instruct you to?

You need to send them the logs. Until they review them, they can only guess at what might be causing the camera issue - which is all we here can do as well. There is a chance the logs are accessible to them without you having to download and email the zip file - recent logs are stored in the GF cloud, but I have no idea if the machine has to complete calibration, which includes taking a picture of the bed. for them to be uploaded.

1 Like

Not sure why I did what? Change the cartridge plate? I changed because I wanted a new cartridge plate and air assist. I did that before I had an issue and was wondering if that cause any of the two problems. If not thank you for that info. It was a question only.

My issues are:

1. camera can’t take a picture
  2. right LED light doesn’t light up.

Helpful advice on these two issues is appreciated. If you can’t help, thank you and I’ll wait on tech support. It’s okay. Thank you again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.