Error message - GF just stopped

I am printing my second project- 4 hours long. And one hour in it just stops with an error messages that says it can’t complete it?
I tried to start again and it wants to start completely over and not pick up where it left off?
I’m using proof grade material that came with the GF.
I don’t understand and I’m very discouraged that I paid a lot of money for something I may not be able to use.
Please help.

1 Like

Hi Mechelle!
Welcome tot he community! Sorry for your frustration, support will be along to help. They can inspect the machine logs to see what the issue is. The date/time of the job and time zone you are in would help them zero in on the event.
We look forward to seeing what you make with your new laser!

1 Like

Today at 3:30 pm central stand time.
Thank you for replying

2 Likes

You’re welcome!
I and many others here have an idea of the frustration you feel, we jumped into the pre-sale expecting delivery in a few months. Through development the company delayed shipping in chunks of 6 months for 2 years.
The company actually did us a favor by not rushing which protected us from an inferior product. If someone had told me I was going to pay in full and wait 2 years for it I would have argued that. Right around 4 years with mine, and I have zero regrets. You have a great adventure waiting for you when this bump gets smoothed out.

1 Like

Thank you for the positive vibes :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. I can tell that you’re discouraged but I’m sure that support will be able to help you get this sorted out. The Glowforge can begin again where it left off ONLY if it has been paused, not if it has come to a complete stop.

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve been experiencing with some of your longer prints. I’ve extracted the log files from the print where you noticed this behavior (thank you for including the date and time of the print :slight_smile: ) and it appears your Glowforge may have restarted in the middle of the print. Has this error occurred previously, or only during this particular print?

Were you able to perform additional prints before and after the error occurred? If not, could you send over the date and times of when these prints experienced the same trouble?

Once we can review these additional details, we’ll send over the next best steps.

It only happened that one time?
I have done a similar one after this one stopped and it has been doing better. But of course that one was ruined.

I also had to force stop and unplugged it from the wall as it wouldn’t do anything.

I am hoping this doesn’t happen again.

Hi @mechellebrooks. Thanks for confirming that it only occurred that one time. If it continues to occur, feel free to let us know and we will gladly continue with any needed troubleshooting. I’ll this thread open for a couple days just in case anything does come up. Thank you!