Error message; Head not found

Hello, I am getting the error message head not found. I have clean everything, restarted everything, checked my white ribbon… help!

The first thing I would check is the contacts on the carriage under the head and make sure they are clean.

1 Like

Have you tried cleaning the GF symbol on top of the head, then carefully positioning it under the camera before turning on the machine? Of course, make sure the camera lens is clean as well.

Hi @maryscottkelly. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate the head not found trouble, and it seems like your unit is running into trouble during the calibration step. During calibration, the lid camera finds the Printer Head by taking a series of images. There are a few different reasons this error may be occurring. Please walk through the steps below to get back on track.

Once you’ve had a chance to perform these troubleshooting steps, turn on your Glowforge and let it try the calibration again. If you are still having trouble, let us know. Thank you!

Hello @maryscottkelly,

It has been a bit since we last heard from you and I wanted to check in and see how things are going. I took a look at the logs from your unit and can see that you have been able to successfully. That’s great!

Could you please let me know if you’re still experiencing any problems?

They are sending me a new head thing. It will cut great on the first cut but then not the rest:( but it is getting fixed!

Thank you for the update. It’s great to hear that our team is working with you via email to get a replacement head sent out. I’m going to close this thread, and we’ll continue to assist you with that process via email.