Error Message When Trying To Set Focus - Non Proofgrade Material

I have been getting this error message when trying to set focus because my glowforge is not cutting through my material. I’ve not changed a single thing I was doing before.

If I bypass the error, the laser does not cut the material all the way through. I’ve tried restarting my computer, using a different browser, turning my glowforge on and off., logging in and out. And nothing is working. I’m using a regular medium draftwood as I’ve always used and never had any issues with it.

Help??? I have 6 major orders to get done today and this is freaking me out!

Is there any dirt or debris on the sensors on the bottom of the laser head?

I originally thought that and I wiped both with a lens wipe and it’s still doing the same.

hmm, have you tried clearing the cache from your browser? I have similar issues from time to time they seem to some in waves. what i do to work through it is to shut off the machine close the browser. then turn on the machine with the lid open to let it update if needed for a few mins then restart my browser and works for a few days. I’m using chrome browser what are you using?

I’m sorry that you’ve run into trouble with your Glowforge. I see that you emailed us about this, and I’ve sent you some information and next steps there, so I’m going to close this thread.