Error Occured on Your Glowforge

Keep getting an error message every time I try to set focus. I’ve done exactly with the error message has said and even calibrated my Glowforge. Unfortunately, I keep getting this same message. I read on the forum from a year ago about this same issue but have yet to find if or how to resolve it. PLEASE PLEASE help me!!

Here is what the error message reads…

ERROR
An error occurred on your Glowforge. Please refresh your browser before printing. It may also help to turn your Glowforge off and then on again.

What material are you trying to focus on?

1 Like

Try clearing the cache of the browser.

2 Likes

Honestly I’m not sue. I bought some Jenga blanks from Jo Ann’s and it doesn’t specify. Though most Jenga blanks are alder wood so I’m guess its that. I’m still new to the Glowforge life so I’m still learning.

2 Likes

Ah! I didn’t think to do this. Thank you, I will try this.

2 Likes

I assume they are under 1/2 inch in thickness if you are using the crumb tray?

4 Likes

Make sure the red set focus laser dot lands on your jenga blanks and not on the crumb tray. It’s a little offset from the spot you click on your screen. About 1/2” down and left on my machine.

1 Like

did you get it to work? Today mine is saying the same thing!

@jscreations4all I am so sorry your Glowforge printer is giving you an error when you try to print.

I extracted your printer logs and it looks as if the print may be larger than 0.5” thickness.

The Glowforge Basic and Glowforge Plus bed can accommodate materials measuring 12 x 20.4” (30.48 x 51.816 cm). The maximum printable area is 11 x 19.5” (27.94 x 49.53 cm), and it’s reduced somewhat when the laser operates at high speed, as it can take space for the laser to decelerate. There’s a tray for materials that are up to 0.5” (1.27 cm) thick, or the tray can be removed to accommodate materials up to 2” (5.08 cm) thick.

The Glowforge Pro adds the Pro Passthrough slot to accommodate material that is up to 20.4” (51.816 cm) wide, up to 1/4" (0.635 cm) thick, and as long as you want.

For your Jenga piece you may want to remove the crumb tray and use Set Focus to achieve the best results. Please let me know how it goes.

@glass2073 I am so sorry you are receiving the same error. Please create your own forum post or send us an email so we can best assist in resolving this issue.

1 Like

I am so sorry for the late reply. Had family issue so I’m just getting to get back to working with my machine. Let me get something going and I will let you know

Yes it’s working great! Had it unplugged, and cleared browser cache. Have gotten an error as of yet

@jscreations4all I am so glad everything is now working!

If you ever have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

1 Like