"Error" When trying to auto focus

I am having trouble anytime I want to use the autofocus function. My glowforge has no issue taking photos of the bed and engraving, only when I try to autofocus. I get the:

" Error
An error occurred on your Glowforge. Please refresh your browser before printing. It may also help to turn your Glowforge off and then on again."

But when I refresh or turn off the glowforge 9 out of 10 times it doesn’t fix the issue. I tried going through here and finding solutions of cleaning the machine inside and out and clearing caches but nothing has fixed the issue. Has anyone had this issue and managed to fix it for good? Thank you in advance!

When you use the set focus tool, do you see the red beam land squarely on the material in the bed?

Yes, it goes to where I send it to and stays for longer than usual and when it’s going to error out it sends the red beam down twice.

Are the two windows on the bottom of your laserhead clean? The red light bounces from one to the other to measure the distance, so if either are dirty it’ll fail.

1 Like

I’ve made sure to clean both of those thoroughly before and it didn’t seem to help

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.