Essential Oil Diffuser

My dear wife had asked if I could make a diffuser for a 10ml bottle of Essential Oils. So I did. The last pic shown is after I made the first one and she said it would be really nice to engrave something on the sides. (Engraving art not included). The file comes with two wands to wick the oil in case you have two different oils you want to use.

Diffuser

65 Likes

This is cool

5 Likes

Happy wife, happy life. Thanks for sharing this nice design.

4 Likes

Nice share. Thanks

5 Likes

That’s neat!

Do you need to spritz the wood, or does it wick with no help?

5 Likes

Clever. Thanks for the share!

5 Likes

Interesting! I have seen pieces that drops of oil are placed on them but not that tried to wick the oil up. I would expect red oak to have the most open pores to wick the oil up though perhaps basswood would be more like a sponge.

6 Likes

Thanks for the share!

5 Likes

Great design, thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

Very nice! Thank you for sharing!

4 Likes

Lovely! Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

It takes a bit, but it wicks on it’s own.

4 Likes

You got that right! I get to make and design whatever I want so long as I design and make whatever she wants. Seems like a win-win for both of us. Plus she gives me ideas of things that I would never think of.

4 Likes

She got the idea from some reed diffusers she has had in the past, which do use a wicking method to diffuse the oil. I will have to try some Red Oak and see how it works out.

2 Likes

Normally the big water transport vesicles are a problem but here that is what you want :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank You, Very Nice

3 Likes

What thickness of wood are you using?

1 Like

This was done in 1/8" wood, including the wands. The pieces fit together pretty tight so I did not need any glue for this project.

4 Likes

These are both lovely! Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Thank You So Much, Have a great day.

2 Likes