Etched Polished Stainless Steel test

Very nice. Thanks for the details.

1 Like

The stainless steel engrave is striking (and it elicited an audible WOW!) ā€¦ but then I looked at the sculpture that it was based on.

WOW!

5 Likes

Looks awesome!! Congrats!

1 Like

The surface is definitely ā€œetchedā€ ā€“ not really any depth to it, but thereā€™s a distinct texture. Weirdly, the finish Iā€™m getting looks different than what Iā€™m seeing in those photos. Iā€™m fairly pleased regardless. :slight_smile:

How about breastplates and gauntlets?

1 Like

I looked at the website ā€¦read someā€¦and looked at some of your other pieces. All I can say is simply stunningā€¦about all of them. The size is so much a part of the impact. Thank you for sharing your work.

2 Likes

You all are too kind, thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This makes me so happy right now. A fellow mailler here, as well. I have seen the etching done on anodized aluminum pieces, but this makes doing the same thing to stainless steel scales seem possible, too. I canā€™t wait.

2 Likes

Yes! Good to meet you bnbtnt2! Have you thought about etching scales or adding leather designs into your work? So much potential! Hereā€™s a link to my website: http://www.inspiredchromadesign.com
Navigate to the ā€˜Torusphere Storeā€™ in the menu bar to see examples of my maille designs. The rest of the site is filled with my graphic design work.

1 Like

Oh, that kind of Chain Mail. I may have bought some thingsā€¦ Amazing and intricate.

1 Like

This is awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really cool!

Is this the type of spray you used? I may want to go shopping nowā€¦

http://catalogue.ottawafastenersupply.com/index/itemDetail.do;?item-id=32011&order-quantity=1.0&item-index=0&customer-item=AA104&order-uom=EA&warehouse-id=15&item-number=AA104&manufacturer=SPRAYON&manufacturerItemNumber=C00200000&lang=en_US

1 Like

Probably the same stuff, but this is what I bought:

Dry Moly Lubricant

1 Like

I saw that at another store I think. So going to tack a bottle down

You can get it at most auto parts stores and sometimes even Walmart. Itā€™s also available from Amazon.

1 Like

Amazon is where I got it.

1 Like

Thank you! Theyā€™ll be arriving shortly! Chain maille has been incredibly engrossing for me to learn. Itā€™s a great design challenge capturing those spheres with the stainless rings. At this time, I order my rings from a supplier in Colorado. Soon, Iā€™ll be winding and cutting my own stainless rings. Itā€™ll be nice to get exactly the diameters I need for my pieces. Right now itā€™s a lot of trial and error figuring out tolerances with the help of a dial caliper.

Just stunning! Gorgeous, arching,flowing, fractal, geometric design! Beautiful concept!

1 Like

They came today. Iā€™m much happier giving hand made one of a kind gifts. I havenā€™t had a chance to open the box yet, but I know they will be even more amazing in person.

Rick Pratt, AIA
Partner
NJ Lic. No. AI-001260700

OGP Architects, LLP
102 North Main Street
Hightstown, NJ 08520
Direct: 609-236-3322
p: 609-448-3888
c: 609-668-8002
rpratt@ogp-architects.commailto:rpratt@ogp-architects.com
www.ogp-architects.comhttp://www.ogp-architects.com/

1 Like

Wow, I like the etching but I love your sculpture. Where do you start with that beautiful giant?