Etched Polished Stainless Steel test

I think we need a jaw-dropped icon.

if_20_EmoticonsHDcom_343139

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a cute one. :grinning:

I agreeā€¦Iā€™ve adopted him. (You can use your own if you size them to 22x22 when you drag them over. I loathe the current choices.)

Iā€™ve now saved it as a 22x22 .png
When you say ā€˜drag them overā€™ I pressume that would be from my own desktop for example. Thereā€™s no way that I can have it my drop down icon folder for this forum ?

Yep, thatā€™s right.

Just gorgeous.

1 Like

ā€œStartingā€ usually involves days or weeks of freaking out about just how in the hell are you going to do this one. :wink: Then loads of CAD, taking the CAD models to my engineers to evaluate the loads, etc, then a million hours of welding grinding and polishing after laser cutting the thousands of parts.

By the way, Iā€™ve abandoned the dry moly lube after testing some Cermark. The Cermark is 10x the cost, but itā€™s a million times easier to clean off the finished piece and does a much much blacker, denser mark. I feel itā€™s well worth the added cost, it seems like a can of it will go a long way.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got v really dark markings with dry molly going slow at full power but youā€™re right it does take a bit of effort to clean up

I just found this thread and this link. I know Iā€™m way behind here, but I have to say that I am in love with this piece of art. Iā€™ve always heard that sculpture is supposed to move you, and a lot of classic sculpture does just that, but for some reason, a lot of modern sculpture is just ā€œinterestingā€.

For some reason, I find this piece very captivating. Possible because Iā€™ve been involved in computer graphics (as a software engineer working on software and hardware) for so long.

Thanks for posting!!!

1 Like

Oh wow! Thank you!