Etching Tile

Hey what was the material you told the glow forge it was ?

ā€œUse Uncertified Materialā€. Thickness: 0.3"

Then set etching power to 600, and power to full.

ok not to seem like dunce but where is the etching power located

thank you friend I thinking of doing this so long ago but I was waiting on glowforge But i should have been in the community
and that all i need for it to engrave tile? do you think it will work on glass?

1 Like

Search for ā€œglass settingsā€, or ā€œengraving glassā€ā€¦ there are tons of posts.

Thank you very much

The first projects I did on my new GF were on tiles, because Iā€™m so blown away by what Iā€™ve seen so far. These were copyright free jpegs. The grey one is unglazed ceramic and the white one is glazed (the crackle effect was already there.) I used black sharpie on both of them, then on the white one I rubbed on some green/gold acrylic paint. Next I went to Home Depot and bought a whole bunch of different size tiles. Iā€™m hooked.

14 Likes

Oh, I like that crackle effect! Neat! :grinning:

Where do you get the laser tile? I tried to find it online and keep getting rerouted to other sites.

2 Likes

These are a few examples of me playing with some broken Laser Tile bits - I donā€™t think I remembered to post these on the forum:

You get incredibly sharp clear blacks with the Laser Tile glazeā€¦the rest you can color in with Sharpies.

12 Likes

Ceramic Hobby Tile found at a dollar store- Black sharpie to fill and magic eraser cleanupā€¦ etched great!

14 Likes

The signature hedgehogs came out FANTASTIC!!
They look like they could jump off the tile. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks, they were just an experiment, trying to decide whether to color them or not, (the back one is actually hedgehog colored) ,or leave in the shadow or take it out.

That Laser Tile is really somethingā€¦pair it up with a GF and no skill required. :smile:

2 Likes

weeellllā€¦ it still follows the laws of GIGO. but a good photo can make a great tile.

2 Likes

So Iā€™ve been testing different coloring techniques to see which works best for me. The top 4 tiles are acrylic paint (3-4 coats) then baked per the paint instructions. Supposed to be top shelf dishwasher safe. Bottom left is spray paint and bottom right is sharpie. Winner for ease of cleanup is the spray paint. All were masked (except the sharpie tile) and then cleaned up with a razor for clean edges.

26 Likes

Which is which? EDIT, while weā€™re at it, one typo master to another, whatā€™s ā€œspay paintā€? :wink:

It was a test to see if anyone actually read the text. :slight_smile: . Fixed (lol).

4 Likes

They all look goodā€¦I like the red and the bottom right blue best - they look really sharp. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes