Even more notebooks

Getting a jump start on X-mas gifts for my nieces, who are very girly-girls and love anything pink. These journals are made from proofgrade cherry with their names on maple. I think that I’m getting a hang of this kerf thingy.

45 Likes

Very cool! Did you draw the zentangles? :grinning:

2 Likes

No, I bought them from creative market.

1 Like

I can’t draw them either. :smile:
(They’re gonna love those.)

2 Likes

I’ve made a decent attempt at drawing them in the past on my iPad, but it’s much easier to find something from a good artist. I have a few of these zentangle doodle bundles on my machine, and decided to make something with them today. Lots of cool possibilities on the :glowforge:.

1 Like

Well, they’re right out of my reach! I would never have the patience to do something like that.

1 Like

Gosh, these are wonderful! They will love them.

1 Like

Nice use of inlay. Assume you glued it in?

I was about to ask about finish but then saw that it’s PG, so never mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

No glue was used. Tight fit. Considering that these are going to children, I might do something on the back side with some glue or something, as they may try and push out the inlay. Or, I can leave it and let them discover it themselves. It’s in there very good. 0.006" offset was perfect for these.

2 Likes

Turned out beautifully!

1 Like

Oh, I love this! I really need to find a way to get more GF time that doesn’t involve recovering from major surgery. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Gorgeous!!!

Adding notebooks to my ever growing “to try this” list… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Is that what I have to do to sneak in more time?

It kinda works – but only in the in between part, where you’re recovered enough to actually be upright and doing stuff, but not enough to go back to work yet. So you still lose a lot of potential GF time actually having the surgery and working up to being upright again. It’s not ideal. (Also, it hurts!)

1 Like

I just love the decisions as to what to cut out and what to keep. The color behind the cuts seems just perfect.

I LOVE places like Creative Market. Thank you artists!! I will gladly pay you for your hard work.

3 Likes

I JUST got my glowforge yesterday and very much want to start with a notebook. What binder should I use? What is the pink material you are using? and does the wood go into the binder, or have you designed the holes to match?

There are a couple ways to do this. I started by taking exiting notebooks, and just replacing the covers. Otherwise, if you have access to a binding machine, then you can do the entire thing yourself. The first method is more manual and tedious, but works. The pink is just a piece of paper underneath the wood. I cut that piece out with the :glowforge: as well using the same design as the cover. Hope this helps.