Everyone who participates in this FORUM should be able to get the SNAPMARKS- Agreed?

Actually, their Snapmark software is mentally challenged. It can’t handle our more complex machines :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

This is why we can’t have nice things. “I hope you brought enough snapmarks for everyone”.

8 Likes

Nope. I read all the agreements as well as Dan’s post and have no reason to think it’s “political.”

3 Likes

I think it’s interesting that you seem to think it’s personal. Why do you feel like you’re singled out?

4 Likes

Maybe I missed the joke, “struggle” seems like a bit much so I guess your tone must be meant as tongue-in-cheek. Sorry if I was being dense.

1 Like

Its cool if no one really understands it either., Its cool that you want to raise and salute to the glowforge bible of Beta ness.

look I love glowforge , its rocked my business, I have nothing but Praise man , I contribute whenever I can and now that I see that no one knows what going on or why… .

I feel better ,
Thank you

The Snapmark configuration is unique to each machine, different minute characteristics in the imaging and calibration. They cannot roll out one Snapmark overlay to all machines. They have to do one machine at a time, and apply carefully. So they certainly have enough Snapmark for everyone, and if they are going to keep it, it will eventually apply to all machines. It just takes time.

I would LOVE Snapmark, and I weep every morning and afternoon when it doesn’t show on my machine, but I will do an amazing happy dance when it is there.

Like everything else, it takes time.

6 Likes

Now is probably not the time to mention that I’ve had it for weeks and have yet to see a use case for them. Maybe I’m just not the target user? I need to make a universal snapmark jig, I bet I would use that.

8 Likes

Seriously, Dude, I had to work reeeealy hard to read that. Man, my vision sucks…

1 Like

Control-plus control-plus control-plus control-plus…

Then when you’re done control-0 resets you (or a bunch of control-minuses)

3 Likes

OOOOOOOOOh!..not sure you ought to be mentioning that. Was just having that discussion with another buddy off-board. :smile:

2 Likes

I understand the reasoning but it is difficult to be waisting material and to also not be able to properly align things that need to be registered. I found it odd that I just got my machine two weeks ago and it doesn’t have snapmarks. Why would newer machines not be calibrated for the feature?

Based on the GF videos, I actually assumed that this was something built into the GF. I also watched a video of a passthrough print and that looked like a “snap” as well. Thankfully the community is here to show me that it’s not, but it’s still totally doable.

I’m quite handy and technically inclined…so I will just wait and hope it doesn’t “disappear” but rather “rolls out.” Crossing my fingers!

3 Likes

@takitus pretty much has made the jig already.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I was referring to. I just haven’t gotten to making it.

I have a bunch of 3” maple boards that are pretty tight fits for tray sides. I’ve been using single edge/corner cardboard jigs and it’s working fine but a snapjig would probably reduce the number of jobs.

1 Like

I think that was an eye test, wasn’t it?

I read the fine print and still couldn’t help myself. Honestly the community of support was a big part of that. Kudos, all!

GF has always been very vague about the ins and outs of their production decisions so I don’t think anyone will have any great insight other than what you’ve already seen. It doesn’t really make sense for them to intentionally make people angry though and what would they have to gain? I think it’s pretty likley they’re being honest about having to calibrate each machine individually and it’s just slow going. (It’s probably the mechanics of explaining/ trouble shooting new snapmark users a few at a time instead of the whole community at one time as well.) I guess they could have just kept quite and figured out how to do one big release to avoided the backlash they must have know would come from doing it this way. Instead they decided to make a few users a happy a little bit at a time. I do hope you get your snapmarks soon so you have an easier time with your machine though. I know it can be frustrating.

4 Likes

This gives me a headache thinking about how that is possible. Maybe a difference in the Plus / Basic but other than that , its gets really cloudy.

Why? Optically speaking, camera vision wise, all 3 models are the same.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.