Everyone's Best Friend - Dogs

Just heard a story about one of those. The cat hated it so only used the farthest corner to pee in so turned the litter to concrete on one corner and the arm couldn’t clean it.

3 Likes

That Litter Robot is so funny - never seen anything like it before. :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Glad to hear it works well.

My problem was the first thing that came to mind was “Open the pod bay HAL … I’m sorry Dave, I can’t do that”

4 Likes

Yeah it seems to be the popular premium litterbox among my friends; I know a few people with one and they all love it.

2 Likes

That Litterbox Robot is awfully cool…I use the manual version of the same thing (its a lot cheaper) but it works the same way…very quick to empty…you roll it to the left, roll to the right, pull out the tray and flush the solids.

Hardest part is finding flushable litter at the store. (Emptying every two weeks would be very nice tho…)

https://www.amazon.com/Omega-Paw-Self-Cleaning-Litter-Large/dp/B000LVGL1A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1483448981&sr=8-2&keywords=omega+paw+litter+box

One of my folks’ dogs does this and it absolutely horrifies mom…ROFL!
(And needless to say, I prefer that Beau not jump up and lick me in the face when I visit! Chuckle!)

5 Likes

Cats are a lot like women, hard to understand. :joy:

9 Likes

I am afraid to start any posts of comparisons… Cute, warm, cuddley, stares, claws, temper … :head_bandage:

5 Likes

Where I live outdoor cats are coyote food.

3 Likes

I think it’s a hoot that a topic about dogs ended up being about cats! (Primarily a cat lover here, but I like dogs too. Even my mom’s spoiled, poorly trained and endlessly barking shih tzu).

2 Likes

The wife’s little Cocker Spaniel completely ignores me. Doesn’t like to be touched. Wanders around the house for no apparent reason. Only acknowledges my presence when it needs to eat or wants outside. I’m convinced it is autistic. Or in other words… a cat.

11 Likes

There’s some truth to that. Cats are quite…independent.

1 Like

Dogs make better dirtbiking buddies.

This is the best way to walk a pack of dogs.

18 Likes

On the other hand, I’ve got a cat that follows me around the house whining, wanting to be picked up. Then she is perfectly comfortable and will even go to sleep if I let her.

8 Likes

Chuckle! My bad boy just wandered in to see what I was doing. Since I am exercising, I got the disgusted look, and the stalk out with tail in the air.

They do let you know how they feel about things! :smile:

4 Likes

In the first half-dozen years we were here one of our neighbors went through four “outdoor” cats, I think. We back on a park with the occasional bear, so perhaps that’s extreme. But in general outdoor cats around here tend to have mid single-digit lifetimes. (And the dogs wear socks in the winter, which is so wrong.)

2 Likes

Not an option here in Colorado…

20 Likes

What ya’ll need is simply to go American. :wink:

9 Likes

Beautiful and terrifying at the same time. :expressionless:

I’ve got a question for you puppy people, and it’s a serious one…

We kids got my folks a couple of Havanese about a year and a half ago, because they wanted them so badly. They absolutely love those dogs, but my folks are older now, and they haven’t taken any steps to train them. They’re indoor dogs, and the female (who started out life with a urinary problem, now past) just pees wherever she wants to all over the kitchen floor. The male will at least go outside, the female goes just as soon as she gets back in from outside. And the male is coprophagic.

As a result, their access is limited to the kitchen where they can be cleaned up after. (It’s a large kitchen, but they need more room to roam.) And my folks spend all day cleaning up after them.

Question is this…Is a year and a half too old to train them?

I know my folks think they’re getting the messes cleaned up, but the dogs can still smell it on the floor, so they think that’s where they’re supposed to go. And those spotty things they keep inside aren’t helping - they just smell like pee. It’s not the dogs fault.

And is there anything that will remove the smell completely so the dogs quit using the floor?

I am open to any and all suggestions. Everything I’ve tried so far has been unsuccessful. I’m at wit’s end.

nature’s miracle has worked for us.

5 Likes

No, but it’s a lot harder. :worried:

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2010/05/12/four-proved-principles-of-housebreaking-a-dog-of-any-age.aspx

6 Likes