Excessive CPU Usage

About a decade ago, I was “into” building high performance systems with overclocked CPUs and water cooling, I was “that guy” who spent $1000 on the latest Intel i7 black edition that was unlocked so that stuff was supported. I managed to get a stable system at around 4.2GHz, which back then was something.

Point is, I’m certain I remember Windows reported individual process utilization as a % of a single core. I’m not afraid to admit I’m wrong, however, because on a good day, I don’t remember what I had for breakfast…

2 Likes

This is still something these days, clock speed hasn’t gone up in almost a decade.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about this. I’m looking into this and I’ll update the thread as soon as I have more information.

Thanks for your patience. I’ll need a bit more information to continue looking into this. Would you please do the following the next time the Glowforge tab in your browser uses more than 100% CPU?

Chrome:

1. Keeping your browser and the Glowforge tab open, launch the Chrome DevTools
    • Click the Chrome menu on the top right corner of the page and choose Tools>Developer Tools
    • Right-click within the app Workspace and choose Inspect Element
  2. Capture a performance snapshot
    • In DevTools, click the Performance tab
    • Click the Record button
    • Wait five seconds
    • Click the Stop button
    • Click the Download button to save the file to your computer
    • Take a screenshot to capture the data as shown in the sample below
      • Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
      • Windows: Click on the Start Menu and search for the Snipping Tool. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.
  3. Attach both files to your reply or email them to us at support@glowforge.com

Thanks in advance!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.