Exhaust Fan running extremely fast

So I go to turn on my Glowforge and when I try to print a piece the exhaust fan turns on full blast and is loud as hell! I immediately turned it off because I felt like the thing was going to run itself to the ground.

I cleaned the hell out of it, made sure all the fans freely spun and started her back up. Same thing happened. Loud as heck and I immediately turned it off. There was another gentleman on here who posted a video of his doing the exact same thing.

Help please!!

Maybe try toggling the fan off in the interface and see if it behaves normally when you toggle it back on.

1 Like

Get an external fan. I highly recommend this one. You then disable that extremely LOUD internal fan, and enjoy the piece and quiet while your Glowforge is working. It is VERY quiet.
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE S6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller - Ventilation Exhaust Fan for Heating Cooling Booster, Grow Tents, Hydroponics : Patio, Lawn & Garden (amazon.com)

You will have to get a couple of adaptors to convert the 6" to 4 " hose.
It is worth every penny!

4 Likes

I really do agree with Docsis above you will enjoy the GF more. My 2 cents worth.

External is the only way to go. Just remember to place the fan at the end of the hose where it exits your building not at the front.

1 Like

In the meantime, it’s likely that your internal exhaust fan has picked up a load of gunk that is making that noise. Maybe due to being out of balance or something. The one time I had extra loud (beyond normal loud) noise coming from the fan, cleaning the fan eliminated it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.