Experimental tiny sign

I’ve been doing some logo/sign design work for a client and wanted to create a 3D visual of one of the ideas - all atomic age themed. The client sells re-manufactured signs, paraphernalia and all sorts of ‘retro’ items.
Having a Glowforge makes creating little models very easy! It’s all made from 2mm mountboard, painted with acrylics. The second picture shows my glasses for scale.

128 Likes

That’s so cool! Nice job!

1 Like

Very nice! I’m sure the client was favorably impressed.

1 Like

I like the irony that it’s a retro sign made with thoroughly modern techniques.

17 Likes

I love it!

2 Likes

Favorite sign ever. So cool.

2 Likes

That is adorable!

3 Likes

Very appealing, great work!

2 Likes

Cute as a bug! And what a great way to get the idea across! :grinning:

2 Likes

Glasses: the new Banana!

5 Likes

Oh I have bananas, but not all bananas are equal.

3 Likes

Well as anyone who has seen Sir Elton John in concert knows, not all glasses are either…

11 Likes

This is SO CUTE! Love it!

2 Likes

Wow, great sign and great execution!

2 Likes

That’s just awesome! Nice work.

1 Like

Very fun! Love that we can create such a variety of things.

1 Like

Very cool! Been thinking about signage for the ‘sections’ on my craft market table… very cool theme!

1 Like

I keep coming back to look at this becasue it’s so cool. The colors are just perfect. How did you do the little white lines in the lettering?

2 Likes

Thanks kittski, those white lines are laser cut white paper. I just stuck them on the same as all the other parts, with white glue.

2 Likes

Update - having shown my customer the model mock-up, he’s asked me to make two full size versions (3’ wide) for his stall. Having had a quick measure, I believe I can use the glowforge to cut the components for that too, all except the blue background. That project will become a video that I’ll share when the signs are installed.

11 Likes