Explain Your Forum Avatar

I’ll have to look into those… $22 for one pen and one pencil is a tad steep, but not too bad

I think Amazon prime showed the exact set for 16.99 ( And it’s a 2 color pen which is interesting).

2 Likes

Love that model of pen. For a short while, they are also great for engaging the manual detent on hydraulic pilot valves.

3 Likes

Wow!

11 Likes

Oh my gosh, that is the most fantastic topiary I have ever seen! Incredible job John! (That would be worth a trip across the pond to see.) :grinning:

2 Likes

Current avatar:

Still working on how to iconify emerging male-patterned baldness. Thanks, maternal grandfather and other contributing factors!

My original was this:

It’s my daughter and I. We bought one of those “tough” cameras and did a bit of playing around.

12 Likes

C&H forever!!

Mine is my Tarutaru avatar in his Warrior’s garb from Final Fantasy 11. Private server Nasomi. Fun times. Harsh game. The challenge makes it that much better to me.

11 Likes

That’s awesome!

1 Like

And yours?

Looks a bit like bill the cat, but not quite…

1 Like

Six years ago a coworker and I were going to design and make tshirts to sell on the internet.
We were going to make millions and be able to retire from our 9-5pm jobs, working for the man.
We named our business “Corpus Kitty” (we thought it sounded cool) and this was the logo we created.
That dream has died, and the logo lives on as my online alter ego.
I still make my own shirts at home and have some shirts I designed and are for sale over at TeePublic. Check them out:
https://www.teepublic.com/user/splatty

20 Likes

Now that I’m apparently a regular I figure it’s time to add an avatar. I went with the picture from my first archery elk season a couple years ago with my dad. 7 miles round trip of hiking, 2000 feet of elevation gain, and we saw a ton of beautiful mountainside but no elk.

11 Likes

Good point. Avatar picture changed to a pawpaw flower. I’ve posted the picture on this forum before and my wife thought it looked cool also.

9 Likes

Nice Pawpaw bloom :slight_smile:

That will take some getting used to. Some others changed too…just takes a while cause I look for avatars to read posts sometimes. - Rich

2 Likes

Mine is an image of Frank Zappa taken from an old poster for a Swiss club advertising his show.
The man’s irreverence appealed to me, and the image also makes a good “No Soliciting” sign!
Come knocking on my door to sell me something, and you would be surprised how closely I resemble that…

19 Likes

You do resemble that a bit…saw one of your earlier posts with a photo, I thought that your avatar was just a digital render of you! :smile:

11 Likes

Close enough!

7 Likes

A pic I took while scuba diving in the Caymans…my favorite underwater pic I’ve ever taken, actually.

29 Likes

I can see why you like it. Very beautiful…sort of other worldly. - Rich

4 Likes