Explain Your Forum Avatar

What is that written below the “marker”? - Rich

1 Like

Don’t know if I mentioned it before, but I really like your avatar (I love me some sharpies, and have had a thing for altered brands ever since AYBABTU). Always figured it was Photoshopped (or Gimped… is that a term?).

5 Likes

I started this topic, most, because I was curious about the many avatars forum folks were using. Between this topic, “What you do for living”, and the 8k posts read, I have learned a lot about all of you…and I am so impressed at your knowledge and creativity. Also this topic has been what behaviorists might call a team builder. Thank you all for the great transparency, and candidness of your posts. :heart_eyes: - Rich

8 Likes

It says l4Xy!l)>’/ HoZt·lo7X, of course. :slight_smile: It’s not quite gibberish, but close. It’s figure-out-able.

@jbv, thanks! I’m a fan of both of those things too. I’m not sure why I have such an affinity for Sharpies, I was never a tagger or anything, but they have always been a favorite thing of mine.

4 Likes

I saw a comment of yours in a YouTube video post. It was so cool to find a friend in the wilderness. I didn’t like it or comment back and can’t remember where it was. Something I got to looking at machining things, I think.

1 Like

I have an affinity for pens and markers of all types… this is my absolute favorite pen:

Kind of hard to find them in the wild.

5 Likes

here you go, 2 for call it $6

https://www.amazon.com/Zebra-Stainless-Retractable-Pen-29212/dp/B004WOAJP6

I am that way with some markers and art supplies, I will drive 90 miles to Seattle to pick up supplies because the art store here does not carry what I like.

7 Likes

Thanks. I have a bunch but they do disappear over time, so I expect I’ll have to buy some more at some point.

Zebra pens (japanese made) are great. My favorite is the Susari Sharbo 3-in-1. Smooth ink and nice look.

Zebra Surari Shabo 2000 , 2 Color 0.7mm Emulsion Ink and 0.5mm Mechanical Pencil , Navy Body (SB27-NV) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FBXXON6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_VMshybXCZ8P3D

1 Like

I’ll have to look into those… $22 for one pen and one pencil is a tad steep, but not too bad

I think Amazon prime showed the exact set for 16.99 ( And it’s a 2 color pen which is interesting).

2 Likes

Love that model of pen. For a short while, they are also great for engaging the manual detent on hydraulic pilot valves.

3 Likes

Wow!

11 Likes

Oh my gosh, that is the most fantastic topiary I have ever seen! Incredible job John! (That would be worth a trip across the pond to see.) :grinning:

2 Likes

Current avatar:

Still working on how to iconify emerging male-patterned baldness. Thanks, maternal grandfather and other contributing factors!

My original was this:

It’s my daughter and I. We bought one of those “tough” cameras and did a bit of playing around.

12 Likes

C&H forever!!

Mine is my Tarutaru avatar in his Warrior’s garb from Final Fantasy 11. Private server Nasomi. Fun times. Harsh game. The challenge makes it that much better to me.

11 Likes

That’s awesome!

1 Like

And yours?

Looks a bit like bill the cat, but not quite…

1 Like

Six years ago a coworker and I were going to design and make tshirts to sell on the internet.
We were going to make millions and be able to retire from our 9-5pm jobs, working for the man.
We named our business “Corpus Kitty” (we thought it sounded cool) and this was the logo we created.
That dream has died, and the logo lives on as my online alter ego.
I still make my own shirts at home and have some shirts I designed and are for sale over at TeePublic. Check them out:
https://www.teepublic.com/user/splatty

20 Likes