Explain Your Forum Avatar

No it’s actually part of a long term plot…once everyone gets used to it, I’ll switch it to a dancing penguin, and fade into anonymity. :wink:

9 Likes

Sorry she’s no longer with you. :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

She never said she is not the hedgehog :thinking: maybe thats why she squee :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

It is why I squeeeeee…they make that sound when they are happy.
(Or terrified, but then it’s a hell of a lot louder.)

7 Likes

Thanks. We could never replace her, but we have adopted what we refer to as her “little sister”. Same breed, totally different personality.

7 Likes

My avatar is a skully/gasmask, altered from a larger skully-and-crossed-brushes design that didn’t fit well into a circle.

I was pretty torn apart when both Bill Watterson and Gary Larson ended their series’… in the same year.

@chadmart1076 Have you seen the mashup drawings by Disney artist Brian Kesinger?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166312-Artist-Brian-Kesinger-Draws-Star-Wars-Characters-in-Calvin-and-Hobbes-Style#&gid=gallery_5648&pid=1

@Jules a little while ago I may have attempted to draw your avatar from memory and turn it into a vector using adobe capture.

30 Likes

I am so incredibly honored! ROFL! :grinning:

9 Likes

Sephiroth, from Final Fantasy 7. I don’t have it so much because of the character (he does have a huge fan base, but I am not entirely sure why. He wasn’t really developed much in the game), but because of the appearance.

Very somber and reflective look to the face. And I love the white hair with little faux-antenna.

My splash image is because it is true! And awesome. But potentially about to change…

18 Likes

Mine is Bigfoot riding Nessie. I feel that it represents what I accomplish some of the time and what I’m expected to do most of the time. similar to a leprechaun riding a unicorn.

22 Likes

One of my chinchilla’s because I got the gf to make them houses and stuff

19 Likes

Those are awesome! I had a shirt with this one for a while:

13 Likes

Why a hedgehog?

7 Likes

Mine is from a portrait I did of our family to announce my daughter’s birth. Here’s the entire thing.

29 Likes

Oh I had one as a pet once…his name was Hitchcock. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Incredibly clever! :smiley:

7 Likes

Mine is an edited skeleton of a Frog. I do a bit of woodworking and I’m part of a Pirate Singing Band. One of the Pirates in our community asked for a Skeleton Frog to be woodburned on a mug (he goes by the name Bullfrog in our circles). Consequently it was that project that ended up making me look around for a laser (I am REALLY bad at woodburning it turns out. Scrapped several versions before I did an image transfer instead for his final Mug)

I had a bit of fun with the image that he gave me and came up with a Frog Skeleton version of a Skull and Crossbones. Since it was that project that got me looking for a laser, I thought it was fitting to use that skull and crossbone image as my avatar here.

19 Likes

I’m sorry you no longer have him. Obviously fond memories from the squeeeeee sound :slight_smile:

7 Likes

now I understand why your avatar suddenly changed today. That is great!

10 Likes

Mine is… get this… me!! :wink: (taken on a roadtrip through Newfoundland a few years ago)

18 Likes

@Jules should get this and put a miniature of it engraved on everything she makes. - Rich

9 Likes