Extension cord reel

Still not sure what I think about this little project. I’m open for suggestions for ver 2. The center hub roller part needs some work. At least this one cord that is seldom used is organized and out of the way.

37 Likes

Looks pretty good to me! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

As the practical cuts rep here (self-appointed) I approve. The only design change I see that I’d make is to turn the hub slats 90d giving a smother inner for the first layer of cord.

5 Likes

That would make is look better. I was thinking more for stability than looks but I might give it a try for ver 2. It’s mostly the inner reel (axial kind of thing) that needs reworking. Maybe making the center a full 360. I was kinda patterning this after a version of this sort of thing I’ve seen that is made out of plastic. It also needs a handle sticking out the side to aid in rolling up the cord.

2 Likes

If you are looking for inspiration here is one made for vacuum hose that I think would work great scaled for electrical cord.

https://www.fastcap.com/product/super-reel

It has everything you are looking for.

3 Likes

Great project! Reminds me of this one. I actually ended up making one for my Christmas lights.

3 Likes

Nice project, anything that helps organize or helps with ease of use … Is great!