Extra line engraved using GF text?

Using GF GUI text to put names on some engraves, so I don’t have to make / upload a bunch of unique stuff just to change the name on some notebooks.

1st trial I bumped into a issue I think with the text tool -

SVG - you can see the left version name is “Mattson” - I fumble fingered the engrave selection, so the text was done using the wrong values, but there’s a line between the S and the O that’s not in design / SVG, but the GF did… I did only the left notebook for the first run - I’m doing the next one now.

Notebooks - Bad Mattson

JPG with the extra line from the bottom of the S to the bottom of the O

2 Likes

I cannot see the line in the file. It is possible it exited on the interface before this file was added?

1 Like

It’s not in the file, so just an error in “processing”… support may be able to check the logs to determine what went wrong.

1 Like

Thanks for doing a test print @o-o - I should have thought of doing that right away from same session / GUI load to see it if would reproduce. I haven’t seen it since then.

@dklgood - I didn’t add any lines, or remove any before / after uploading the image and adding the text.

I’ve since done 4 more jobs using that same ‘base setup’, just changing the text, and no extra lines or other artifacts, so I’m guessing it was either a glitch in processing that one time / that one combo (bitmap + text engrave), or maybe a glitch on my machine while running.

Unexplained random lines are hard to process - a disturbance in the Matrix???

2 Likes

I’m so sorry that the line was added to your print. It looks like you are no longer have the issue if it comes back again please let us know the date and time of the print so we can extract logs and review them. I will leave this post open for now if you have any other questions.

Hi there. It’s been a while since we’ve seen any activity here, so I’ll go ahead and close this thread. If you run into any further trouble, feel free to create a new thread and we’ll be happy to help. Thank you!