Extraneous graphic in my rendered design

Using the Microsoft web browser, uploaded this file and got these weird rectangles that think that they are text (same color).

Software seems a bit flaky right now. Disappointing.

Can you post your file here?

1 Like

The software is a bit flaky, but it’s also almost certainly something in your file that’s causing this particular problem.

2 Likes

Here is that file

DoubleLetter%208125

1 Like

That artifact might be a browser thing. It’s not showing on Chrome.

(Chrome seems to be the browser that works best with the Glowforge interface since it’s using Google cloud.)

I don’t think it can be a browser artefact because it appears in the menus down the left. So the GFUI has processed it.

An odd thing is that it is outside of the bounds of the SVG, as if it was loaded separately from another file.

Either way. Doesn’t seem to be there now. No extraneous rectangles in Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Rendering looks as intended in the GF app.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

I’m looking into it, and I’ll update the topic when I have more information.

Thanks for your patience.

I extracted the logs to investigate the issue and found that your original file contained clip paths and flow elements that we don’t support. I recommend simplifying your design to remove the extraneous elements in the future. I’ve attached the simplified file here so you can see the difference.

I’m going to close this topic. Please post a new one if you have any other questions.

DL-ncp

1 Like