Extremely slow load

The app for my Glowforge is loading extremely slow. When I load up a design with only a few pieces 1-7, it’s running perfectly fine… but for the designs with lots of pieces 20-100 it not only takes me forever to line the pieces up because the app isn’t running fast enough, but sometimes the site will become completely unresponsive and crash.

I’ve had my GF for almost 2 years now and have never had an issue like this up until recently. My wifi situation has not changed, and having spoke to other makers with GF on Instagram, it seems to be an issue with them as well.

What’s going on?
Thank you!

1 Like

Hey there, they recently pushed an update that may have something to do with it, try zapping your cache, and see if that fixes it.

Jonathan

1 Like

Hi! By zapping my cache, do you mean deleting files I’m no longer using? Haha sorry if that is a dumb questions!

what browser are you using, THIS is to ‘clear your cache in firefox’ you may need to google it for your browser…

then. . .

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear your Glowforge app has been running slow and crashing. I would be happy to take a look into the issue. To do so I will need some more information.

• Can you please post the file you are having trouble with so we can take a look or if you prefer you can email it to support@glowforge.com?
  • Information about the browser you are using.

Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says "Your web browser’s unique URL"
  3. Click the button that says "Copy URL to Clipboard"
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

Glad, I’m on the right planet.

Hi!

It seems to be going faster today. If this happens again, I will email you all with that information. Thank you!

lol EARTH!

Thank you very much! It does seem to be working faster today!

A clean GLOWFORGE and a clean CACHE ARE A HAPPY (fill in) __________________________

Thank you for following up with my colleague David, we’re glad to hear the trouble is resolved.

I’m going to close this post for now, should any additional trouble occur, don’t hesitate to reach back out to us!