#fail. This, my friends, is why I need my Glowforge

Awesome! No issues burning through the paint? Flammability, harmful fumes Etc…

I just use good ole craft acrylic on the wood. I have used stained boards too, but they have been fully cured. There is zero smell from either of them. I really want to do leather, but the stuff smells freaking horrendous. lol I got the idea from a pin someone made by using the laser to just take the paint off… like reverse painting.

If you guys haven’t looked at Thingiverse for some great ideas… they aren’t just 3d printing! I have some fun projects collected for the laser too! Just search from the main for lasercut :slight_smile: http://www.thingiverse.com/whiterabbit79/collections/laser/

17 Likes

Hi! Couple of questions! I have been fighting my wood to joint them to get the wood variations like you do. Can I ask how you secured your wood together? Also can I ask why you laser etch the wood as well? Just for better placement? Have you had luck putting re purposed wood inside the glowforge? It says it doesn’t take well to some substrates and wondering if you had any burning issues. Thanks for all your help! :slight_smile: